Amputee Rehabilitation Program
Our Amputee Rehabilitation Program offers the clinical, technical, and
professional resources necessary to provide individualized treatment
and promote progress toward an independent lifestyle. Our program offers a seamless transition from
acute hospitalization through inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation to home. Our caring team works to
restore mobility, confidence and vitality to those who have experienced the loss of a limb.
- Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Team approach to help patients
regain the highest level of independence possible
- Meticulous follow through regarding the referring vascular surgeons' individualized patient protocols
- The Amputee Team, consisting of a Board Certified Physiatrist, Prosthetist, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, and
- Our in-house prosthetic laboratory produces highly functional and comfortable
- Emotional support/psychological counseling in private and group settings
- Amputee Support Group meets regularly to provide peer support to patients and their families
Patients can be admitted from an inpatient facility or from home.
Patients can be admitted for gait training directly from home once they have received their prosthesis.
- Over 15+ years of experience in gait training adult and pediatric
patients with numerous types of prostheses
- Our in-house prosthetic services enable patients to receive their prosthesis and
have adjustments made quickly, thus minimizing time lost from therapy and recovery
- Amputee Support Group meets monthly and members are available to provide peer support
at other times
Braintree Rehab Hospital Amputee Brochure .pdf
Good Age: When a son comes home again
Video: High-tech leg helps accident victim rebuild his life
Video: Life Lessons: Losing a leg to a drunk driver
If you would like additional information, please Contact Us.