Effective as of December 14, 2011
Use of Customer Information Submitted via Inquiry/More Information Request Forms
Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital (BRH) and parent company- Five Star Quality Care does not share, sell, rent or otherwise disclose the personal information obtained through our website(s) -name, postal address, telephone number or e-mail address- of the customers who visit our site(s), unless otherwise ordered by a court of law. All personal information collected is used solely to contact the user in regard to their request via one of our website(s).
Our mailing list is used to keep you and others informed about programs and services offered by Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital (BRH) and parent company- Five Star Quality Care. We do not share, sell, rent or otherwise disclose your information to any third parties.
While you are browsing our website(s) we do collect website usage data, this data however is not linked to any particular user and is used solely to compile website traffic statistics.
Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review carefully.
This notice of Privacy Practices describes how we may use and disclose your protected health information to carry out treatment, payment of healthcare operations and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. It also describes your rights to access and control your protected health information. "Protected health information" is information about you, including demographic information, that may identify you and that relates to your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition and related healthcare information. You may agree or object to the use and disclosure of all or part of your protected health information.
We understand that medical information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting medical information about you. We are required to abide by the terms of this Notice and Privacy Practices.
We may use or disclose your protected health information to the extent that the use or disclosure is required by law. The use or disclosure will be made in compliance with the law and will be limited to the relevant requirements of the law. You will be notified, as required by law, of any such use or disclosure.
How We May Use and Disclose Your Protected Health Information
We may use or disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- With persons and other organizations when they are involved in providing healthcare services to you.
- Doctors, nurses, therapists, pharmacists, and all clinicians involved in your care.
- Individuals outside of the organization that are involved in your medical care, including family members and organizations we use to provide services who are part of your care.
- In order to pay your healthcare bills
- Determination of eligibility or coverage for insurance benefits.
- Reviewing services provided for medical necessity and utilization review activities.
- To support the operations of the facility/organization
- Quality assessment and improvement activities
- Employee review activities/performance
- Training/education of students/employees
- Licensing/regulatory activities
- Fundraising activity
- Arrangements for other business activities
Notice of Privacy Practices
- Other possible use/disclosures
- Sign-in sheets/calling name in waiting rooms
- Facility directories
- Others involved in your healthcare (family, caregivers)
- Third party "business associates" that perform services for the facility
- Provision of information about treatment alternatives or other health related benefits
- Appointment reminders